Member Login
User Name: Password: Submit
An ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company
   Home Company Profile Areas of Practice Outsourcing Contact Us Recommend to friend Disclaimer

Our Practice Areas

The firm has particular expertise in the following areas:

(1) Property law including buying and selling of property and agricultural land
(2) Family Law including marriage and divorce
(3) Real Estate and Land Use
(4) Wills/Certificates
(5) Adoption/Succession
(6) Trusts, Estates and Personal Planning
(7) Power of Attorney
(8) Immigration/Visas
(9) Business Law
(10) Criminal Law
(11) Tax Law
(12) Arbitration law
(13) Litigation and Dispute Resolution
(14) Intellectual property and computer law
(15) Insurance Law
(16) Employment Law
(17) Corporate Law- Mergers and Acquisitions
(18) Product Liability
(19) Health Care
(20) Antitrust
(21) Maritime
(22) Banking and Finance
(23) Bankruptcy and Insolvency
(24) E-Commerce
(25) Media and Telecommunications

1) Property Law including buying and selling of property and agricultural land
Our practice in property law covers various matters including buying and selling of immoveable property and agricultural land in Indian market, agreement to sell, lease deeds, mortgages, and making gifts of the properties etc for the past many years.

2) Family law including marriage and divorce
In this area of law our family attorney covers matters including the legal relationships among family members, including husbands, wives, parents, children, and domestic partners. Our family law attorney specializing in the family law relationships undertakes these matters which includes adoption, child custody, maintenance, visitation rights, domestic violence, divorce, juvenile dependency and delinquency, marital property rights, support obligations, and paternity

3) Real Estate and Land use
India has become the prime location for equity investment vehicles. Our property law experts routinely assist on the acquisition, construction and sale of prime local or foreign real estate projects, with close cooperation from the regulatory practice whenever specific permits or approvals are required. Our project finance team handles financing and security packages for both domestic projects and foreign projects set up through Indian investment vehicles and is further able to assist on more complex financing techniques. We provide full service real estate support to companies doing business in India . Our lawyers structure and manage commercial transactions locally, regionally and nationally.

4) Wills/Certificates
For the past many years we have been preparing wills, codicil, filing of applications in the court for the grant of letters of administration, probates, succession certificates, nominations and registration of a will

5) Adoption/Succession
We guide our clients the procedure for adoption and deals in In Country (Domestic Adoption), Inter Country Adoption and adopting from family, relatives, friends and guides towards the documentation etc. In Succession of property we cover inheritance, inheriting gifts made by wills and other testamentary documents, heir ship and other related issues.

6) Trusts, Estates and personal planning
Our trusts and estate lawyers offer planning experience, technical experience and responsiveness to our clients needs in areas including income and estate tax, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, martial property, real estate, financial management and insurance.

7) Power Of Attorney
Our expert team of lawyers drafts Power of Attorney for various firms, organization and individual clients globally according to their needs and circumstances

8) Immigartion/Visas
     For more details regarding our immigration services Kindly visit
     our web site


NRIGLS handles legal work relating to settlement in CANADA , AUSTRALIA , NEW ZEALAND , UK , USA ,
Singapore and Middle East under following categories:

Professional Applicants
Skilled Workers
Businessmen/ Entrepreneur and Investors
Self Employed
Work Visas
Student Visas
Agricultural Farmers
Religious Workers
Cultural Persons

We also handle:
Marriage Cases
Family Sponsored Cases
Dependents Sponsored Cases
Parents Category
Adoption Cases
Rejected Cases
Interview Preparations
Assessment of Qualification from Foreign Governments
Appeal / Review and Revision
Registration of Marriage under Special Marriage Act



The skilled stream is divided into several classes including the Skilled Independent class (the most popular class, sometimes known as the "points-system") and the Skilled Australian Sponsored class.

To qualify for immigration to Australia under this class you or your partner must be:

1. Under the age of 45 years

2. Proficient in English

3. In an occupation on the "Skilled Occupation List (SOL)" (a list containing literally hundreds of approved occupations)

4. Have at least 12 months (24 months for some occupations) of recent work experience.

For information on whether or not your occupation appears on the official skilled occupation list, contact us.

If you meet the minimum criteria, then you will be subject to a points test and the objective is to claim enough points to achieve the automatic passmark. Points are granted for:

•  Qualifications
•  Work experience
•  Occupation
•  Age
•  English language ability
•  Occupation targeting
•  Spouse's skills (qualifications, age, work, English).

Additional points are available if you have studied or worked in a skilled occupation in Australia previously or if you have AUS$100,000 to invest in Australia or if you are fluent and qualified in one of the languages of the country's major trading partners or ethnic groups.

You or your partner's occupation is often the make or break of an application; either you or your partner must have recent work experience in an occupation on the skilled occupation list.

Applicants receive additional points if their occupation is listed on the periodically amended Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).

Qualifications relevant to your occupation are also important with most degrees and higher trade certifications from recognised tertiary institutes meeting the requirements provided they involve at least three years post-secondary school study. An exception to this rule is made for certain tradespersons,  IT professionals and Senior Managers, who do not possess formal qualifications. These applicants can often qualify by using their relevant work experience to obtain industry certification in Australia , thus satisfying the qualification requirement. Applicants in occupations requiring professional registration (for example Dentists, Nurses and Physiotherapists) may need to apply for registration or meet specific requirements prior to submitting a residence application.

Additional points are awarded if you have a qualifying family sponsor in Australia (parent, non-dependant child, brother, sister, aunt or uncle, niece or nephew), meaning that you can apply under the Skilled Australian Sponsored class or the Skilled-Designated Area Sponsored class , depending on the location of your sponsor. No points test applies to the Skilled-Designated Area Sponsored class.

If you fail to meet the passmark, but meet the minimum requirements and have a family sponsor and assurer (including first cousins or grandparents) living in a designated area (mainly the areas outside Sydney, Melbourne and other selected cities), you may be able to qualify under the Skilled-Designated Area Sponsored class.  This subclass is processed in two-stages with a provisional visa issued initially and permanent residence available after the applicant and their family have successfully settled in a designated area in Australia . The applicant must have lived in a designated area for two years and have worked for at least 12 months before being able to apply for the permanent visa.

The introduction of the Sydney and Selected Areas Skills Shortage List (SSASSL) has meant that applicants with a family sponsor in Sydney (and certain areas of NSW) must be qualified and experienced in an occupation on the list.

The State Territory Nominated Independent class presents options for those applicants who have an occupation listed as being in demand in a state or territory of Australia .

If you are willing to settle mostly outside the mainland state capitals (except Adelaide ), further opportunities for regional migration are available under the Skilled Independent Regional (SIR) visa. Migrating to Australia under the SIR visa will involves a two-stage process, whereby successful applicants initially receive a temporary visa valid for three years. Sponsorship by a State or Territory Government is required to obtain the initial visa. SIR visa holders can apply for permanent residence in Australia after a period of two years residence in regional Australia under the State/Territory Nominated Independent (STNI) on-shore visa.

The Skill Matching scheme enables applicants to enter their details in the skill-matching database for a period of two years. During this time they may receive a nomination to reside in a certain region of Australia .

Most applicants who succeed under these classes qualify for residence WITHOUT the need for a pre-arranged job offer at the time of applying.

Employer Nomination and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme can be considered by applicants who have been offered a highly skilled job offer that cannot be filled by an Australian citizen or permanent resident through the local labour market.

The newly introduced  Temporary Skilled Independent Regional Visa is a good option for applicants who have a slightly lower point score (perhaps due to age) and do not have a family sponsor in Australia . This visa allows you to settle in a "regional area" (which currently includes the City of Adelaide ) on a temporary basis with unrestricted permanent residence later granted conditional upon you remaining in that regional area for a number of years.


This category is for those persons who can be "sponsored" by a relative or interdependent partner who is either an Australian citizen, a holder of a permanent residence visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen aged over 18 years of age. If your partner is an Australian, you must be married OR in a stable, de-facto relationship (common-law) or interdependent (same-sex) relationship for 12 months or more to qualify for residence.

You can be sponsored if you are a spouse, fiancée, child/adopted child, parent, orphan relative, special need relative, aged dependant relative or last remaining relative of a qualifying sponsor who is resident in Australia . Certain conditions apply.

Contributory Parent options are available for those parents with sufficient capital to contribute to their future health costs in Australia . These visas subclasses are designed to overcome the otherwise lengthy waiting period currently facing parents wishing to migrate to Australia , subject to places being available.


Australia has proactive business immigration regulations. There are three main options:

•  Business Owner
•  Investor Class
•  Senior Executive class

plus a number of less popular classes.

Business Owner

If you own and operate a business and possess total assets of at least A$500,000 you can consider immigrating to Australia under the Business Owner class.

Under this class the process is essentially divided into two stages: provisional (4 years) and then permanent.

To qualify for the provisional visa, applicants must possess net assets of at least A$200,000 in a qualifying business with an annual turnover of at least A$500,000, for at least 2 years of the 4 years immediately prior to applying. Applicants must be under 45 years of age. You must prepare a viable, well-researched Australian business proposal and have past relevant management experience, and an overall successful business career. Once approved, you will receive a 4-year provisional visa to travel to Australia in order to establish or purchase a business enterprise.

To qualify for permanent residence, you must have carried out your intention to take up an ownership interest in a qualifying Australian business. For 12 months immediately before applying, you must possess net assets of A$100,000 in that business, a turnover of at least A$300,000 AND overall net personal and business assets in Australia of at least A$250,000. Furthermore, your Australian business must have employed at least the equivalent of 2 full-time employees who are not members of your family. Applicants aged between 45 and 55 years or those not meeting the above financial thresholds can consider an application under the Business Owner (State Sponsored) class. Under this class, applicants must apply and be approved for sponsorship with one of the participating State or Territory Governments.

Most significantly, the financial requirements are reduced under this class. Applicants are required to have had an ownership interest in a business with a lower annual turnover of $300,000 in 2 of the last 4 years or a sound continuous business employment record in a senior management role for at least 4 years. You must also be under 55 years of age and possess total personal and business assets of at least A$250,000 plus sufficient assets available to settle in Australia . Furthermore, it is necessary to reside in your nominated state for 4 years in order to be approved for a permanent residence visa.

Investor Class

To immigrate to Australia under the Investor Class, applicants must have possessed a net worth of A$2,250,000 for at least 2 fiscal years immediately prior to applying. Of this amount, applicants must be prepared to invest A$1,500,000 into Australian State treasury bonds for at least 4 years. The investment is Government guaranteed and interest is paid on the investment. Applicants must be under 45 years of age.

In addition, applicants must have owned and managed a business or had a direct involvement in managing eligible investments, and are required to meet a range of financial/ownership thresholds.

The Investor class allows for the granting of a 4-year provisional visa, after which time a permanent visa can be applied for once investment criteria has been met. Applicants aged between 45 and 55 years or those not meeting the above financial thresholds can consider an application under the Investor Class (State Sponsored) . Under this class, applicants must apply and be approved for sponsorship with one of the participating State or Territory Governments.

Most notably, the financial requirements are reduced under this class. Applicants are required to possess a lower net worth of A$1,125,000, of which A$750,000 must be invested for 4 years. Under this option, it is necessary to remain in your nominated state for 4 years in order to be approved for a permanent residence visa. If you are proposing to establish a business in Australia that your sponsoring State or Territory Government has determined is of exceptional economic benefit, then you can consider an application under the Business Talent class, providing the set financial criteria are met.

All applicants are required to satisfy health, character, police and credibility checks, and a range of other criteria.


Both temporary and permanent protection visas are available under the humanitarian stream for eligible applicants.


A number of temporary visas are also available:

Regional Investor visa (formerly the retirement visa)
If you are aged 55 plus, of good health and meet the necessary financial thresholds, you can consider an application under the Regional Investor class. Applicants apply for sponsorship to the State or territory in which they intend to settle and need to have sufficient resources to provide for their settlement, an annual income accessible in Australia , and must be prepared to make a designated investment. The financial requirements are lessened for applicants who intend to settle in regional Australia (generally defined as outside the major metropolitan centres, with the exception of Adelaide and Hobart ), and are currently set as follows:

For non-regional: AU$750,000

For regional: AU$500,000

Designated investment

For non-regional: AU$750,000 for the initial visa, and AU$500,000 for a second or further visa

For regional: AU$500,000 for the initial visa, and AU$250,000 for a second or further visa

Annual income

For non-regional: AU$65,000 for the initial and all subsequent visa applications.

For regional: AU$50,000 for the initial and all subsequent visa applications.

The initial visa and subsequent visas are issued for 4 years.

Work visa
If you are offered a job that cannot be filled by an Australian and the Australian employer is willing to provide "sponsorship", you may be able to apply for a work visa. This visa is issued for the duration of the employment contract or 4 years, whichever comes first.

Important note: Australian employers are generally reluctant to sponsor offshore candidates unless there are specific skills shortages, and often do not consider applicants unless they are ALREADY in possession of Australian residence visas, present in Australia for an interview and able to start work within 4-6 weeks. So unless you are to be transferred to Australia by your current employer, this can be a very difficult visa to obtain.

Working Holiday Visa
Citizens of certain countries who are under the age of 30 years may consider obtaining a Young Persons Working Holiday Visa. This visa enables you to work and travel for 1 year, and allows the holder to work for 6 months with each employer or undertake a course of study of no more than 4 months duration (from 01 July 2006 ). A second Working Holiday Visa will be available to those who undertake 3 months seasonal farm or harvesting work, during their first working holiday.

Student visa:
If you are enrolled into a qualifying course at an Australian tertiary institution, you can apply for a student visa. This visa allows you to study and to work 20 hours per week.  Students who graduate with an Australian degree may be able to apply for permanent on-shore residence visas


Skilled Migrant Category
Applying under skill categories has always been the most popular visa class for permanent residency in New Zealand . Substantial changes to the skill category were announced, which saw a new Skilled Migrant Category introduced in December 2003.

All applicants for this visa class must be under 56 years of age and are required to meet a minimum of 100 points and meet the health, character and English language prerequisite before an Expression of Interest can be lodged with Immigration New Zealand.

Enhanced points System
Points are awarded for an offer of employment in New Zealand , work experience, qualifications and age. Bonus points are available for employment in areas of identified future growth, cluster or absolute skill shortages. Bonus points are also available for employment outside Auckland and for New Zealand qualifications.

Applicant Pooling
Expressions of Interest are pooled and then ranked by Immigration New Zealand according to specific selection criteria. Those applications that meet the selection criteria will be selected in sufficient numbers to meet the places available and will be invited to lodge an Application for Residence in New Zealand . It is not on a first in, first served basis. Applicants will then need to send all the necessary documents to support the claims made in their Expression of Interest.

The key to success under this class is meeting the prerequisites as outlined above AND arranging a relevant, valid skilled job offer in New Zealand . Recent changes to the SMC policy now mean that applicants with skilled jobs in New Zealand or an offer of skilled emlpyment prior to applying have a great likelihood of being selected and invited to apply for residence. Applicants are strongly advised to engage the services of a recognised migration consultancy with a jobsearch or employment office in New Zealand , as they will be able to assist you with the lodgement and processing of your visa application as well as the co-ordination of job leads/interviews in New Zealand . Past experience has shown that this is the most successful approach which will lead to the required written job offer and ultimately the granting of permanent residence visas. 


The family class is divided into 4 sub-classes:

•  Partnership
•  Parent
•  Sibling/Adult Child
•  Dependant Child

You may apply as a partner if you are legally married to a New Zealand citizen or resident OR if you are in a genuine and stable de-facto (common law) or same-sex relationship of at least 12 months duration.

You may apply as a parent if you satisfy the "centre of gravity" test, meaning you have an equal or greater number of adult children living in New Zealand than in any other country. Dependent children with a parent in New Zealand may also be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency.  You may also be eligible to migrate to New Zealand if you have a parent or sibling who is a Permanent Resident or a citizen.

The Long-term Business Visa/Entrepreneur (LTBV) visa pathway is generally open to business owners, senior managers/company directors or those applicants with a successful history of self-employment or business ownership.

To immigrate to New Zealand under this class, there is no minimum capital or past business ownership requirement. Instead applicants must prepare a viable, well-researched business plan and possess sufficient funds and relevant business experience to establish or purchase the proposed business in New Zealand . It is important that the business must be of benefit to New Zealand , in terms of creating employment for New Zealanders, increasing foreign exchange earnings or exports, revitalizing an existing business, or introducing new products, services or technology into the New Zealand market place.

Visa Process

The process to immigrate to New Zealand on this pathway involves two visa applications.

1. You will be issued with a long-term business (work) visa, for an initial period of nine months, to enter New Zealand to establish or purchase your business. Upon satisfying the visa officer of this, you will then be issued a further work permit for up to a maximum period of 3 years, allowing you to continue establishing and running your business.

2. Permanent residence is applied for under the Entrepreneur Class once the business has been successfully established in New Zealand for at least 2 years and meets the prevailing criteria.

The success of the first stage (LTBV) largely depends on the quality of your business plan, so make sure that you seek professional advice from a Migration Consultant on this aspect.

Investor Class

Under the Investor Class, applicants must possess a total net worth of at least NZD$2 million and prove that these funds have been generated through their own business initiative.   Applicants must be aged 54 or under at the time of application and must have at least five years of business experience.

The full amount of NZD$2 million must be transferred to the New Zealand Government and held for a period of 5 years.   After a period of 2 years, the applicant may withdraw up to half of the funds for investment in a government-approved investment.   These invested funds cannot be used for personal use.   If all the requirements are met, applicants will initially be granted a residence visa with conditions attached to it.   After a period of five years, subject to you meeting the conditions of the investment funds retained in an acceptable investment for 5 years, you and your family have made New Zealand your main home and agreeing to participate in evaluation and monitoring programme, the condition on your residence permit will be lifted.

The major advantage of this class is that there is no requirement to actively own and operate a business in New Zealand .

All applicants are required to satisfy English language requirements, health, character, police and credibility checks, and a range of other criteria.

Temporary Visas

A number of temporary visas are also available:

Work visa
If you are offered a job that cannot be filled by a New Zealander and the New Zealand employer is willing to "sponsor" you, then it may be possible for you to apply for a work visa. The visa is issued for the duration of the employment contract or 3 years, whichever comes first.

Important note:
New Zealand employers are generally reluctant to sponsor offshore candidates unless there are specific skills shortages, and often do not consider applicants unless they are ALREADY in possession of a New Zealand residence visa, present in New Zealand for interview and able to start work within 4-6 weeks. So unless you are to be transferred to New Zealand by your current employer, this can be a very difficult visa to obtain.

Talent and Accredited Employer options also exist for applicants who have a pre-arranged, skilled job offer in New Zealand .

Working Holiday visa
Citizens of certain countries who are aged between 18 yrs and 30 yrs may consider obtaining Working Holiday Visa. This visa enables you to work and travel for 1 year (2 yrs for citizens of the United Kingdom ) but work must be restricted to casual positions as permanent employment is not permitted.

Student visa
If you are enrolled into a qualifying course at an New Zealand tertiary institution, you can apply for a student visa. This visa allows you to study and to work up to 20 hours per week.


Skilled Worker

The Skilled worker class, or points system as it is commonly referred to, is the most popular class. Applicants are awarded points for age, education, work experience and English and/or French ability. Although not a requirement, points can be granted for 'arranged employment' in Canada or if you are currently working in Canada on a qualifying work permit.

Further points may be awarded for 'adaptability' factors including your partner's qualifications, or if you or your partner have studied in Canada for at least 2 years, or have family in Canada (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, niece, nephew, child or grandchild).

The objective is to achieve the passmark. Applicants with the greatest likelihood of success are those:

  1. With tertiary qualifications (i.e. post-secondary school), for instance a Diploma, Trade Certificate or Apprenticeship, Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree or PhD
  2. With a high level of proficiency in English and/or French
  3. In a position to claim maximum points for relevant work experience
  4. Aged between 21 and 49
  5. With the ability to claim points for adaptability.

All applicants must have at least 12 months of post-graduation work experience in an occupation listed as Skill Type O or Skill Level A or B on the National Occupations Classification (NOC) list.


There is also the family visa for migration to Canada for persons who have qualifying relatives in Canada who are willing and eligible to sponsor them.

Sponsors must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident: spouse, common-law or conjugal partners; dependant child, parent or grandparent; an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild (under 19); and any relative if the Canadian sponsor does not have another close relative who is in Canada or who can be sponsored to come to Canada .

The most common type of family class application is for those persons who are married or engaged to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.


Applicants are divided into three subcategories:

•  Self-employed
•  Entrepreneur
•  Investor

As the name suggests, the self-employed class is suitable for self-employed business persons who do not necessarily intend to employ other persons in their business. This class is limited to farmers and applicants who will be of cultural, artistic or sporting value to Canada .

Under this class, there is no minimum capital or past ownership requirements, but applicants must prepare a viable, well-researched business proposal and possess sufficient funds and acceptable experience to establish or purchase the proposed business in Canada . Past self-employment, though not strictly required, is considered an asset. There is also a requirement to meet the 'passmark'.

To immigrate to Canada under the Entrepreneur class, you must have past 'business experience' in a 'qualifying business' for a specified period. Applicants must also possess a net worth of at least C$300,000.

Upon arrival in Canada , there is a requirement to establish or purchase a business enterprise and provide active and ongoing management of that business within three years. Your business must create at least one, new full-time job for a Canadian and meet other requirements of a 'qualifying business'. There is also a requirement to meet the 'passmark'.

Applicants wanting to immigrate to Canada under the Investor Class must possess a total net worth of at least C$800,000 and invest C$400,000 of this amount with the Canadian Receiver General for 5 years.

Although the fund is Government guaranteed, no interest is payable. Applicants must prove that the funds have been generated through their own business initiative and that they have previously managed either 5 full-time staff for at least 2 years OR owned a share in the business they have managed for at least two years in the five years prior to applying. If you do not wish to undertake an investment, an alternative is to establish a loan arrangement with a Canadian bank, whereby the amount to be invested is borrowed. Under this option, it is still necessary to possess an overall net worth of C$800,000. The down side of this option is that you must pay the interest charges accumulated over the 5-year term.

The main advantages of the investor class is that you do not need to actively own and operate a business and you are issued with permanent residence immediately upon approval.

All applicants must satisfy health, police, character and credibility checks, and a range of other criteria.

Important Note: If you do not qualify under any of the above classes, you may be able to apply under one the Provincial Government Nominee programmes. Although only a limited number of places are available every year, the regulations differ from those described above, as they are set by the Provincial Government according to economic and social needs of that region. Currently, Newfoundland and Labrador , Prince Edward Island , Nova Scotia , Manitoba , British Columbia , Alberta , New Brunswick , Saskatchewan , Quebec and the Yukon operate nominee programmes. Quebec has the largest programme accepting over 3,000 mostly French-speaking migrants per year.

Temporary Visas
A number of temporary residence visas are also available:

Work Permits:
If you are offered a job that cannot be filled by a Canadian and the Canadian employer is able to satisfy a HRDC labour market assessment, then you may be able to apply for a work permit. The permit is issued for the duration of the employment contract usually up to a maximum of 3 years.

Important note:  
Canadian employers are generally reluctant to sponsor offshore candidates unless there are specific skills shortages and often do not consider applicants unless they are ALREADY in possession of a Canadian residence visa, present in Canada for an interview and able to start work in 4-6 weeks. So unless you are to be transferred to Canada by your current employer this can be a very difficult visa to obtain.

Student visa:
If you are enrolled into a qualifying course at a Canadian tertiary institution, you can apply for a student visa. This visa allows you to study full-time and to work a limited number of hours per week. Other temporary visas include young persons working holiday programmes and visas for live-in caregivers.


Working Holidaymaker Visa

The Working Holidaymaker Scheme is an arrangement where a person aged between 17 and 30 can come to the UK for an extended holiday of up to two years. You can work but only if this is not the main reason for your stay. The holiday should be the main reason for your stay.

How do I qualify as a working holidaymaker?
You must be able to show that you:

  • are a citizen of a country listed in Appendix 3 of the Immigration Rules, a British Overseas Territories citizen, a British Overseas citizen or a British National (Overseas)
  • are aged between 17 and 30
  • want to come to the UK for an extended holiday, and intend to take employment as part of your holiday for no more than 12 months during your stay
  • do not intend to set yourself up in or run a business, or work as a professional sportsperson during your stay
  • are single, or that you are married to, or the civil partner of someone who also qualifies as a working holidaymaker and you plan to take the working holiday together
  • do not have any dependent children aged five or over, or who will be five before your holiday ends
  • can support yourself and live in the UK without needing any help from public funds
  • have not spent time in the UK on a previous working holidaymaker visa, and
  • intend to leave the UK at the end of your holiday.

You must get a visa before you travel to the UK as a working holidaymaker .

How long can I stay?
You can stay in the
UK for up to two years from the date you were first given permission to enter as a working holidaymaker. We will count any time you spend outside the UK during that period as part of the two years.

How much and what work can I do?
Work in the UK must not be the main reason for your holiday, so you must spend no more than 12 months working.

You can take most types of work, including voluntary work, but you cannot set yourself up in or run a business, or work as a professional sportsperson. You can choose when to work and when to take your holiday breaks, but you must not work for more than a total of 12 months or you will be breaking the conditions of your stay.

HSMP - Highly Skilled Migrant Programme

The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme [HSMP] is designed to allow individuals with exceptional skills and experience to work in the United Kingdom . It allows you to enter or remain in the UK without necessarily having an offer of employment, or to take up self employment opportunities.

This application is assessed on a Points-Based Scheme - 65 points or more are required to qualify. HSMP is also assessed according to your age group at the time of application; Under 28 years of age or Over 28 years of age. The assessment criteria are different for each application.

It is our responsibility to ensure that your application is fully supported in each area which we consider that you can claim points for. Original documents are required, photocopies are not accepted.

There are four key areas which you can claim points;

You must have completed a recognised course at a degree level or higher. If your qualification was gained from overseas, you would need to show what it is equivalent to []

Work Experience
Your employment to date must be shown clearly on letter-headed paper in detail. This must be working at a graduate level post or higher to qualify.

Past Earnings
This will be used to determine the level of your employment to date and also your potential earning power in the UK . You have to show your earnings for the past 12 months of your employment.

Partners Achievements
If your partner is a graduate [recognised to be equivalent to a UK degree or higher] or has been employed in a graduate-level post for which a formal qualification is normally required, you may qualify if you can show that you have been living together for at least 2 years.

 There are also several specialist areas which it is possible to gain extra points;

MBA Provision
You must have completed your course from one of the top 50 MBA programs in the world

Achievement in your Chosen Field
You need to demonstrate that you have a significant or exceptional achievement in your industry

Priority applications for General Practitioners
You will need to hold full GMC registration and one of the following issued by the UK or another EEA member to qualify for points in this area: [i] vocational training certificate [ii] certificate of acquired right [iii] certificate of equivalent experience

This is an important application and should not be left to chance. We are experts in UK immigration and have extensive experience in making successful HSMP applications.

9)Business law
Our business law practice covers a very wide variety of topic relating to the law of agency, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, franchises, and limited liability companies. It involves such issues as fiduciary relationships, closely held corporations, shares and stockholders, directors and officers, dissolution and receivership, franchise relationships, management duties and liabilities, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and antitrust. All these matters are handles by our Business law attorney specialized in this field.

10) Criminal Law
We have advised, acted for and conducted criminal trials on behalf of Corporate and individual Clientele in diverse areas of specialized Criminal Law namely CBI cases, Economic Offenses, Prisons Act, Drugs & Cosmetics Act, Insecticides Act, Weights & Measures,I.P.C , C.R.P.C.etc.,to name a few

11) Tax Law
Our tax practice covers all aspects of tax planning, structuring financial transactions for individual and corporate clients for optimum tax esults, and creating Indian-based corporate vehicles to take advantage of local tax exemptions. We have significant experience in the elimination or reduction of multiple or double taxation of corporate dividends, drafting trans-border leasing arrangements, and repackaging government securities and structured asset products. The firm's attorneys also represent clients adversely affected by indirect

12) Arbitration Law
We have also acted as arbitrators and specialize in alternative dispute resolution procedures, conciliation, negotiation etc ., and have acted for multinationals, major Indian Corporate, Corporate business houses/families, institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations and Governmental bodies & corporations in Indian and International Arbitration/Conciliation

13) Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Our sophisticated litigation practice focuses on commercial and financial cases, but we also remain committed to handling local civil cases. We specialize in commercial cases involving Indian-based international and local banks and often handle recovery of debts, and bankruptcy cases. Major foreign banks also seek our assistance in obtaining collection from debtors in India , and the firm helps foreign bankrupt estates to obtain judicial decisions concerning Indian-based assets. Our full range of banking litigation services is complemented by our representation of clients involved in prominent international bank liquidations. In administrative matters, our attorneys file and argue appeals before Indian courts.

We also are experienced in arbitration and dispute resolution. We regularly represent clients in arbitration proceedings.

14) Intellectual Property and Computer Law

We frequently counsel clients on crucial intellectual property issues such as licensing, trademarks and copyright. We represent a diverse range of clients in patent infringement, trademark violation and unfair competition cases before the Indian courts. We regularly advise clients on all aspects of the rapidly evolving field of computer law, including domain name registration and software protection.

15) Insurance Law
We are the first stop for several major insurance and re-insurance companies, in India , regarding Indian Insurance Law. To expedite the processing of insurance applications, we regularly act as an intermediary between our clients and the Insurance Companies.Through litigation and negotiation; we help clients resolve contested insurance claims. We evaluate insurance policies and programs and work with risk managers to identify and mitigate risk relating to cooperate governance, technology, documentation and prospective litigation.

16) Employment Law
Our employment team frequently advises on all aspects of employment law including social security, company pensions and benefits. We have extensive experience in advising multinational corporations and foreign and local companies on structuring schemes for alternative forms of remuneration such as Share Option Plans, Employee Participation Schemes, and Supplementary Pension Plans.

Major Banks and corporations frequently seek our advice on all aspects of employer-employee relations, including hiring, termination, settlements, collective dismissals, restructuring and dissolution. Our attorneys regularly represent clients before the labor courts in individual labor law matters. We have developed special expertise in handling collective dismissal situations and assist clients in their interactions with public authorities and in negotiations with workers' representatives.

17) Corporate Law - Mergers and Acquisitions
We offer personalized corporate law services tailored to the needs of each client and throughout the course of the life of the vehicles involved. Our attorneys work closely with clients to provide specialist advice on the incorporation of legal entities in India , the day to day corporate formalities, corporate restructurings, equity offerings, joint venture agreements, shareholders' agreements and liquidations.

Since the entry into force of the recent law on venture capital investment companies our attorneys have been involved in the creation of several structures incorporating one or more of such vehicles.

Our expert team regularly advises both national and international clients on mergers and acquisitions both within India and internationally.

18) Product Liability
We represent domestic and transnational companies in complex, nationwide litigation involving bodily injury, property damage and economic loss allegedly caused by defective products or exposure to toxic substances.

19) Health Care
We bring years of hands-on industry experience and broad historical perspective to bear on business issues of health care providers and health carriers from formation and operation to regulatory compliance to business transactions. We provide governance, operational and transactional advice to a wide range of hospitals, health care providers, health carriers and to a trade association

20) Antitrust
Whether the issue arises in the context of a merger or acquisition, evaluation of a business practice, or litigation, we bring an in depth understanding of the fine points of competition law and the applicable regulatory framework.

21) Maritime
We represent ship owners, underwriters, marine architects, business and individuals in maritime ranging from vessel causalities, personal injury claims and cargo damage to insurance, ship acquisitions, tax problems, environmental issues and product liability.

22) Banking and Finance
We advise domestic and international clients on a range of banking issues such as banking secrecy, debt transfers, and the enforceability of standard contract terms under Indian law. We are experts in sale and leaseback arrangements, secured transactions, and secured debentures involving Indian-based banks as arrangers, paying agents, or fiduciary issuers. In our financial practice, we frequently counsel international and local clients on enforceability of standard financial market documentation such as ISDA agreements and ancillary documents, and netting agreements, and the drafting of such agreements. We advise a number of domestic and foreign banks and financial service providers on applicable legislation and regulation in India .

Our commercial team has wide experience in the structuring of cross border and domestic financing arrangements and has advised banks, borrowers, underwriters and issuers in this field.

23) Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Bankruptcy and insolvency comprise one of our core practice areas. The firm regularly provides comprehensive advice on all bankruptcy and insolvency issues to a diverse group of national and foreign clients. In recent years, the firm has represented clients involved in several major international bank liquidation proceedings.

24) E-Commerce
We are committed to providing our clients with individualized services designed to meet their changing needs in the expanding world of e-commerce. We advise foreign clients on data protection and privacy law as well as information technology regulation. A combination of our recognized legal expertise combined with a thorough knowledge of the issues involved and the evolving legislation means we can offer an unrivalled service to our clients. Our strength in litigation and arbitration allows us to offer representation tailored to specialized e-commerce cases. We also advise on all legal aspects of the creation of on-line and IT companies for our clients. As the field of e-commerce continues its rapid expansion, the firm stands prepared to advise its clients on new regulations and issues that may arise.

25) Media and Telecommunications
Our expanding media and telecommunications practice allows us to advise local and foreign television and radio corporations on a wide range of media, administrative and financial law issues. International joint ventures between media concerns are a key area of activity for the firm and we facilitate and coordinate contact with local authorities.

        All Right reserved for 2006 to Are u a Non Resident Indian? | Recommend to friend | Contact us | Disclaimer